Monday, December 5, 2011

Paint Chip Christmas Tree Bunting

I have seen several things made out of paint samples, so when I had the chance to visit a home improvement store a few weeks ago, I chose some in different shades of greens.

I discovered that I could get three Christmas trees (a large, a medium, and a small) out of each sample without having any printing on them .



Once they were all cut out, I arranged them in a pattern and added a few embellishments such as brads, words made on my label maker, rhinestones, star tags, and paper snowflakes.


At first, I just taped them on some twine, but found that they became very uneven,


so I started measuring and placing them three inches apart.


The finished product fit perfectly on the table my sister and I had at our local holiday fair. It added a nice little pop of color.


Now, it hangs in our dining room.


2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I think I actually have a few green samples that size... I might have to try it! I have the star garland you gave me hanging in my window :)

    ReplyDelete